Elder law attorneys are an invaluable source of knowledge, assistance and compassionate support in a wide range of circumstances in which the elderly are vulnerable or require specific services. Here are some examples from leading New Jersey attorneys:
- Assistance with Medicaid: Like all state and federal insurance and support programs, Medicaid can be very complex to navigate if you don’t have legal expertise on your side. Issues such as planning ahead to ensure you qualify for Medicaid, avoiding spousal impoverishment, ensuring you have a comprehensive long-term care plan in place and understanding penalty and look-back periods are all things elder law attorneys can assist you with – giving you essential peace of mind.
- Establishing a legal guardianship: Legal guardianship, also known as a conservatorship is a route available for families and caregivers which allows a specific person (a guardian) to act on behalf of the elderly person in their care to ensure their wellbeing. These guardianships are only granted under specific circumstances and are designed to ensure the elderly person’s health, safety and welfare needs are met, and that his or her rights are protected at all times.
- Medical and financial Power of Attorney: These documents will ensure that a trusted person of your choice carries out medical care and financial decisions in line with your preferences in the event you can no longer do so. In addition, your estate plan can include an updated Last Will and Testament or a Living Trust, should you require it.
- Asset protection and estate planning: Due to reduced earning power, it is important the financial assets of your elderly family member are properly protected in a way that is in line with their estate planning goals. Your attorney can assist you with creating or updating a Last Will and Testament, Trusts and other estate planning documents.
Let leading elder law attorneys in New Jersey assist you today
At Sedita, Campisano & Campisano, LLC, we have over 30 years of experience in New Jersey elder law and can assist you and your loved one with:
- Medicaid planning.
- Accessing Medicaid and Medicare benefits.
- Accessing state and federal veteran’s benefits.
- Drawing up estate planning documents, including a financial Power of Attorney, a healthcare proxy and medical directives.
- Drawing up a Last Will and Testament.
- Establishing a NJ legal guardianship.
With our expertise and compassion, we can help your loved one grow older with dignity, in comfort and with proper peace of mind. For a free consultation, please contact us today.