As part of our employer counseling services, we review and draft employment contracts, severance agreements, employee policies, employee manuals, and other employment related documents.
Sedita, Campisano & Campisano, also counsels clients who intend to dismiss or discipline employees. Employee disciplinary and termination decisions merit careful consideration. We counsel our business clients to avoid liability by: (1) adoption and implementation of an effective employment manual; (2) application of workplace policies and procedures in a uniform and non-discriminatory manner; and (3) documentation of employee discipline and performance issues.
We draft, negotiate and administer employment severance and termination agreements.
To protect your business from liability, we inform employers of the federal and state laws relating to the hiring, retention, and termination of employees. These laws include:
- NJ Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA)
- The National Labor Relations Act
- The New Jersey Family Leave Act
- The New Jersey Wage Payment Act
- The New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act
- The New Jersey Employer=Employee Relations Act
- The New Jersey Workers Compensation Act